1 hour of on-demand video
Downloadable resources and exercises
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and desktop
This short course expands the ideas behind Bitshift operations. In 1 hour you'll understand the math behind shifting bits right and left, and learn when and how to use them in your code. Enrol now and understand the mechanics of bitshifting and how it can help you as a programmer.
- Introduction and Learning Outcomes
- Multiplication and Division in Base 10
- Multiplication and Division in Base 2
- Processor Instructions
- Code Example
- Wolfenstein 3D Source Code (Download)
- Arithmetic and Logical Shifts
- Relevance and Applications of Bitshifting
- Quick Note on Compiler Optimizations
- Similar Courses
Gustavo teaches computer science and mathematics at BPP University, London. He researches how teaching game programming can help enhance awareness and understanding of mathematics and physics. He is also a professional software engineer with more than 10 years of experience, with an industry background in 3D systems, games, web systems, databases, and data science. His academic path includes institutions such as Pittsburg State University, City University of London, and University of Oxford.